Now that my Pinterest addiction has me so tired all the time, I've created a really long weekly menu so that I don't have to think at all, because I know I won't have any brain cells to consider cooking at 5pm.. I went & did a super shop to make sure I had everything, so I wouldn't even need to go to the Supermarket. (See, already I am enabling myself)
The weather has been a bit monsoonish, but still warm, so hopefully these dinner options will suit. We are also on a budget so there is nothing expensive here except Chinese Takeaway, & that is totally worth it, right?
- Middle Eastern Meatballs with roasted pumpkin couscous, a green salad, & some basil hummus. Basil in the garden is getting beaten up by the rain, so I am using it as fast as I can because it will have done it's dash soon.
- Chinese Chicken with rice & steamed green vegetables.
- Spanish roasted chicken with potato tortilla, & some small tapas style dishes. I'm really keen to make Croquettes but I don't know where to get bacalao in Brisbane.
- Sausages in onion gravy with mashed potatoes, to keep Mr BC happy after all that 'exotic' cuisine.
- Homemade Pizza topped with whatever is fresh in the garden.
- Risotto - my favourite. I like it with prawns, parsley & chili.
- Beef Cheeks in the slow cooker, probably with garlic mash & a green vegetable.
- Kumera Gnocchi. I've been wanting to make this for ages, & it will probably be part of an extended 'Italian table' that will include garlic grilled zucchini, caprese salad & a glass of wine.
- Chinese Takeaway. You know you want it.
- Burritos made yourself at the table, with bolognaise sauce & red beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado, sour cream & optional chili sauce. The Gentleman loves this.
- I am dying to make a Greek octopus dish with potatoes & chorizo but have been unable to find a decent sized octopus. Hopefully I can find one soon!
- In the meantime, I will make octopus out of hot dogs, & serve it on pasta salad as the octopuses garden. I got this idea from Pinterest. Shut up!
- Minestrone with some decent bread.
- I have this eggplant, Imma make Moussaka. With salad.
- I have this idea for deconstructing a Cobb Salad & serving the ingredients & some interesting dressings separately, so everyone can make their own substantial salad to their own taste. I'll see how it goes..
- some biscuits
- a pineapple cake
- Asian sago pudding with coconut & brown sugar
- some more Donna Hay Chocolate Sorbet because it is so divine!