Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly Menu Planner for the next fortnight or so..

Now that my Pinterest addiction has me so tired all the time, I've created a really long weekly menu so that I don't have to think at all, because I know I won't have any brain cells to consider cooking at 5pm.. I went & did a super shop to make sure I had everything, so I wouldn't even need to go to the Supermarket. (See, already I am enabling myself)

The weather has been a bit monsoonish, but still warm, so hopefully these dinner options will suit. We are also on a budget so there is nothing expensive here except Chinese Takeaway, & that is totally worth it, right?




  • Middle Eastern Meatballs with roasted pumpkin couscous, a green salad, & some basil hummus. Basil in the garden is getting beaten up by the rain, so I am using it as fast as I can because it will have done it's dash soon.
  • Chinese Chicken with rice & steamed green vegetables.
  • Spanish roasted chicken with potato tortilla, & some small tapas style dishes. I'm really keen to make Croquettes but I don't know where to get bacalao in Brisbane.
  • Sausages in onion gravy with mashed potatoes, to keep Mr BC happy after all that 'exotic' cuisine.
  • Homemade Pizza topped with whatever is fresh in the garden.
  • Risotto - my favourite. I like it with prawns, parsley & chili.
  • Beef Cheeks in the slow cooker, probably with garlic mash & a green vegetable.
  • Kumera Gnocchi. I've been wanting to make this for ages, & it will probably be part of an extended 'Italian table' that will include garlic grilled zucchini, caprese salad & a glass of wine.
  • Chinese Takeaway. You know you want it.
  • Burritos made yourself at the table, with bolognaise sauce & red beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado, sour cream & optional chili sauce. The Gentleman loves this.
  • I am dying to make a Greek octopus dish with potatoes & chorizo but have been unable to find a decent sized octopus. Hopefully I can find one soon!
  • In the meantime, I will make octopus out of hot dogs, & serve it on pasta salad as the octopuses garden. I got this idea from Pinterest. Shut up!
  • Minestrone with some decent bread.
  • I have this eggplant, Imma make Moussaka. With salad.
  • I have this idea for deconstructing a Cobb Salad & serving the ingredients & some interesting dressings separately, so everyone can make their own substantial salad to their own taste. I'll see how it goes..
Also I want to make over the next few weeks
  • some biscuits
  • a pineapple cake
  • Asian sago pudding with coconut & brown sugar
  • some more Donna Hay Chocolate Sorbet because it is so divine!
If anything looks good I will post some photos & a recipe.

xx

5 comments:

  1. Sounding lovely...gotta love a Chinese takeaway every now and then, you best get started...lots to cook...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a delicious meal plan..i need to come for tea haha.
    Chinese is TOTALLY worth it;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm pretty sure we have meat and vege most night. Or something whizzed up in the Thermomix. Low bother, that's us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delish! Loving your menu {and I burst out laughing at your caption on your photo - an hour on Pinterest... I wish I could!}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...