Thursday, March 29, 2012

7 Quick Chaos Notes


This is the rug I bought recently for the lounge room. Boring? Yes. Easy to clean, goes with everything, a joy to sit on, inoffensive to the eye? Why, yes! We love it. I do not love that stool, or it's twin, but they are necessary to our life at this point in time. What colour do you suggest that I paint them? Or do you have a different suggestion? Please, don't hold back.


Despite being separated at birth, the kettle and the espresso maker are still not sure of each other..The coffee pot seems a bit aloof, doesn't he? Lucky he makes a great coffee.


Roast Chickpeas.

1 - toss chickpeas with some olive oil and sea salt.
2 - roast for an hour until dark. These could have been darker.

Verdict: Delicious, low carb snacking. 

 
Santa bought Mr BC a home brew kit, and although it makes a great beer, the most popular brew so far is non alcoholic ginger beer. I'd love to try some different soft drinks containing elder flower, or blueberries, or other stuff that grows in my garden. If anyone has any recipes or experience with this, please let me know!


Yesterday was my birthday, and my wish came true when the family gave me this beautiful lamp made of Himalayan Rock Salt. No, really, I have wanted one for ages. I love them because they are beautiful but they also produce negative irons that clean the air of all sorts of nastys, which is handy if you live on a busy road (check) or suffer from allergies (annnnnd, check).


Mr BC created this culinary masterpiece of chocolate mud cake with a peppermint fondant filling & a topping of gooey choc icing and assorted berries. He belongs on Master Chef.


Today at the hardware store I was lucky enough to be standing next to a large rack of plants at the exact moment they where marked down to 21 cents each. Yes, they are a bit sad, but at that price I can coax them back from death!

What have you been up to this week?

xx

5 comments:

  1. Awesome, lovely, fabulous, and awesome!! That cake looks ah-maaazing, and I think I need to roast those chickpeas once we get a new oven. Our 18 yr old monster just gave out :-X Running after kids, working out, coaxing the garden back to life. The norm here! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those roast chick peas would be delicious!! Do I just buy say normal tinned chick peas, drain and roast? Oh, and what temp for the hour roasting time?? I am dead keen to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red, definitely true love - they'll grow old together for sure! And the chickpeas, I'm obsessed with them at the moment. I've been living on spinach, roast pumpkin (tossed with cumin and then pop in the oven) and chickpea salad. Must do the roasted chickpeas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 21 cents?! What a bizarre value to be marked down to. I think I might try me some of those chickpea's! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't chickpeas the best legume ever? How is he salt lamp going? Notice any improvement in allergies? Just ordered 2 for this highly allergic family and I am so hoping they will work. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...