Monday, March 19, 2012

Kumera Burger


On the advice of Mama's Thyme, I cooked Kumera Burgers the other night for dinner. Yum!

Mama calls them The Veggie Burger that Will Change Your Life, and she might be right. I don't know if it is the same as winning the lottery, or finding out you really are an adopted princess, but it's pretty close.

Original recipe from here, via pinterest. I used this as inspiration, and adjusted the recipe to what I had in the kitchen. Basically, just mash some roast sweet potato/kumera with some tinned legumes (I used a bean mix, actually), salt and pepper, tahini, a bit of flour & some thyme. Put it in the fridge for a little while to firm up, then form into Patty's, coat in bread crumbs & pan fry.

I topped them with some home made salsa, avocado & sour cream. They where delicious!

I was surprised that there was no egg in this recipe, and then realised it was a vegan recipe, so that's why. The pattys where pretty soft but it wasn't a disaster, we didn't need spoons. If there where any left over they would have made great sandwiches the next day!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Bookmarked!

    You can never underestimate a veggie burger that will change your life. This one just looks fantastic. Mmmm avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked them! The Mister was meh on them, which is fine - more for me :-D And guess what? You are the long-lost love of (insert dreamboat celebrity here). See? They really did change your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...