Friday, June 1, 2012

à manger en Mai

Maybe it's been the cold weather but manger (to eat) in May indeed.


Cinnamon Scrolls

I have been wanting to cook Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Scrolls for ages (just for the cliche factor!)but could never remember to scald the milk and let it sit for an hour, and the other steps..it's not difficult, just involved. Then I found this recipe and they where on the table within 30 minutes! Super easy, and very delicious. I love that everyone wanders into the kitchen saying mmmm, cinnamon! I did add some maple syrup to the icing just for that special P-Dub touch.



High Tea

I had never been before, and it was for charity, which is what I said to  myself as I ate these divine little tartlets. Little being the operative word, they where tiny. Where. Gone now.



Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce.

Made by Mr BC, they where a goddamn treat! He was making them with the boys, but the boys disappeared and left him to do all the work. They did help with the eating, though.




Salt and Pepper Squid

In a fancy restaurant! You can tell it's fancy by the lovely peach satin table cloth. I wasn't expecting my old favourite to be prepared so differently, but once I got over it the change was good. Lots of fresh onion, capsicum and herbs to partner with small pieces of peppery coated squid. Change is good.



Sanity Prevails.

My special mental health lunch - salmon sushi, diet coke and a shelter magazine. Served with no conversation for at least one hour.



Vegetable Soup, embellished.

Simmered whatever is in the fridge veggies, in this case pumpkin, onion, carrot, kumera, zucchini, shallots, peas and celery. Simmer in chicken stock with garlic, then puree with the stab blender. Very healthy, until you garnish with a drizzle of sour cream, cooked, crumbly bacon and sliced shallots. Tastes so much better! 



Hamburger Sandwich

This is Mr BC's second favourite lunch (Subway, if you must. I know!) Because he works from home a lot he is lucky that I make this for him. It is a hamburger patty, cheese, onion, sauce, lettuce, tomato and on this day, an egg. Sometimes there is beetroot or avocado. Depends on the moods of the chef. The key is to serve it on toast. That's my signature, ha ha!


Biltong

I thought Coles had started selling dried up cow poo, but in this month's Feast magazine there is an article about a lady who makes Biltong, a type of South African beef jerky. The monkeys love beef jerky, so I thought I would buy some for them to taste. The nice lady behind the counter at Coles talked me into trying a sample, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it tastes for something that looks so horrid. I'm not even a jerky fan, but it's good to try new things.


What do you think about trying new things?

xx

4 comments:

  1. I have printed out that cinnamon scroll recipe for afternoon tea today. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'll have one of everything please! YUM!! I'm yet to try that chocolate mug cake recipe...but it's happening this week! I'm going shopping this afternoon in fact mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to try those cinnamon scrolls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shouldn't have read this at 5.30pm. Now I am rubbing my tummy trying to think of something yummy to eat. It all looks so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...