Thursday, July 5, 2012

Leibster Blog Award


This Charming Mum nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award!

How exciting! I don't want to sound like a cliche but it really is an honour just to be chosen as a nominee. I would like to thank my agent, the director, the producer and most importantly - Craft Services. Because no one should blog on an empty stomach. Now I will do my Sally Fields impersonation of 'You like me!! You really like me!!!!!!!!!!!' But I won't vlog it.

The Liebster Award is to give encouragement to up and coming blogs, who have less than 200
 followers. Somedays I don't feel like an up and coming anything, but what I love about the blogging community is that it can wave a bit of sparkle at you when you least expect it but most need it. Lately I've been feeling that my blog isn't anywhere near where I'd like it to be; but the only person who cares about that is me, and the only person who can change that is me as well. No pressure!

So thanks, Charming Mum, for your Leibster love. I really appreciate your sparkle this week!

Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
2. Each person must answer 11 questions set by the person who tagged them
3. Each person must set 11 questions for the people they tag
4. You can then choose 11 people and link them to your post (they should have 200 followers or less, but really, who can tell.)
5. Tell them you have tagged them.
6. Remember, no tag backs – pay it forward :)

11 Facts about Me
  1. I am a dedicated omnivore - I really will eat anything - in a dainty lady, delicate flower kind of way, of course.  One of my favourite quotes is from Patsy Stone of Absolutely Fabulous fame: 'If it's got a pulse, it's lunch!'.
  2. I have a fascination with cephalopods. I will eat anything (see above. Keep up!), but I struggle to eat Octopus, as delicious as they are, because I think they are so intelligent, so beautiful, so awesome, that maybe I shouldn't. Freaky, but true.
  3. I think I am a pretty good cook. I would rather cook than eat. But who needs the stress of Masterchef? Not me..
  4. One of my earlier role models was Malificent, from Sleeping Beauty. (No, I haven't shared this in therapy, why do you ask?) Now I find out that Angelina Jolie, one of my current role models, is to play Malificent in a movie. Perfect casting.
  5. I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon, and loved it. 22 years later, the memory of that beautiful place is still so vivid in my mind that I would move there in a heartbeat.
  6. I have never been sea sick.
  7. I dream of having more children, but my husband crosses his arms and says Nooooo deal!
  8. I am scared of clowns. Stephen King has a lot to answer for.
  9. I have more dreams and plans that I could physically fit into one lifetime, sometimes I worry that I am never going to achieve any of them.
  10. When I was a teenager, I had a big crush on David Lee Roth from Van Halen. I would still go there if the opportunity arose, and if I wasn't so scared of catching Hep C from him.
  11. I still cannot drive a manual, and I have no intention of learning how.


11 Questions for me, from This Charming Mum:

1.Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to record those funny, happy, family moments that fly in and out of your head in an instant. Now I still blog about that, but I also blog for the community, the laughs and the self satisfaction.

2.What’s your first memory of using ‘The Internet’? In about 1996, my husband bought a computer home and connected it to the internet. I spent hours downloading a web cam view of some guys Koi Pond in Chicago, only to realise that it was night time on his side of the world, and I couldn't see a damn thing anyway.

3.What book are you reading at the moment? All The Tea In China, by Kyril Bonfiglioli. I have his other 4 books, but this has eluded me for years. I've seen it on Amazon; '$35 US, missing some pages, water damage' and had given up on ever reading it until my clever teenager discovered The Book Depository. Brand new hardcover, $22AU, free shipping! Woot!

4.What was the last concert you went to? Well, there was a live band at the premier of Rock of Ages. Before that, I think it was Darren Percival at The Basement, circa probably 2003? He was good.

5.Is there a future for the paper-based magazine or newspaper? I think that there will always be a market for the tactile experience of the written word. But eventually, I think it will become extinct, earlier for newspapers.

6.What is your favourite conspiracy theory? That aliens are about to land, and take back control of the world. Actually this scares me because I am not so much a believer, as an open minded sceptic; and if you listen to people who love this theory, you will end up believing it too. Is it a coincidence that there are so many alien movies coming out now? I hope so!

7.Catwalk fashion – is it textile art or unwearable nonsense? A bit of both? Even the most far fetched articles of Catwalk Art have a nugget of next years knock off in them. I've watched the Devil wears Prada, I know the drill.

8.What is your favourite city in the world? New Orleans, but sadly I haven't been there since my last lifetime. It's the one place I absolutely must visit. (again)

9.Will you watch and take an interest in the next Olympics? I like to watch the opening ceremony, with a nice glass of something. But really, I am willfully sport challenged. So probably not, no. Maybe by accident?

10.Have you ever had a recurring dream? I've had series of dreams - like chapters of a book about the same thing, but not an actual reccuring dream. There is always a variation. For many years I had dreams about a P&O style house, that I had never seen before, until one day I actually drove past it! I almost died of shock but I never dreamed about it again.

11.Is there anything a little bit scary in your fridge right now? OMG Yes!!

11 questions for my Liebster Lovelies:
  1. How do you manage to fit 'blog time' into your schedule? NO, really - I need to know.
  2. What happened the last time you saw a ghost?
  3. What is your superpower and do you use it for good or evil?
  4. What is your comfort food?
  5. What is the worst thing in your wardrobe?
  6. What have you been putting off for more that 6 months?
  7. Dinner for 6 - who do you invite?
  8. Who is your celebrity crush?
  9. What is the best way to spend 1 hour, if you suddenly had that free?
  10. What is your favourite cocktail?
  11. Where would you love to visit, and why?

The 11 blogs I would like to pass this award onto are; (while you listen in your head to a drum roll please know that if this isn't your thing you don't have to play along, we are all still friends mkay?)
  1. My Vintage Vow
  2. Sassying It Up
  3. Sheri Bomb
  4. Blundermum
  5. Redcliffe Style
  6. Falafel and the Bee
  7. Crap Mamma
  8. Uber Simplicity
  9. Modern Sauce
  10. Domesblissity
  11. Kate's Fab Four
There you go my Leibster Lovelies! Your blogs brighten my life, and I am honoured to pass this award on to you. I thank you for being so entertaining and inspiring.

xx

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much lovely Lisa for nominating me for this award. I'm truly honoured. I think Angelina Jolie would make a perfect Malificent. It's like she was born for the role!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in! I loved your responses to my questions. Blogging is a bit of a roller coaster thing isn't it? Some weeks I'm really passionate, other weeks I'm so busy with other things that I don't touch the blog and then get all worried that no one will ever read it again. I'm glad this gave you back some sparkle when you needed it. Lara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your post through Lara. I loved reading it! And how good is Ab Fab?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you just bloody lovely!! Thanks so much Mrs BC you gorgeous thing! I love that you still don't drive a manual - it's soo over-rated (really hard to drink a coffee whilst driving AND changing gears :-)).

    Love your work as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would rather cook than eat. I suspected as much. I hope our friendship can survive a shocking revelation such as this. You know that's not normal, right? That's all xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...